Problems with nVidia 8600GT HELP!!! urgent

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by dmt, Aug 15, 2011.

1. dmt macrumors newbie

Hi I have MBP with nVidia 8600GT

My LCD has Flickering. It always waves and stripes on my LCD. I've heard that is Apple technical problem and they can change my MBP to the new one of that problem. is it true? Cause I head to technical center, they says you need to change all motherboard to resolve that problem.

My MBP15 is 2008 Early and it's too late to change as a new one MBP as I heard from my technical center, because Apple finished with this... Maybe my words has mistakes, correct me, maybe Apple still can Help and change...People give me some advices how to resolve that"*****"

BIG THANKS to everyone

2. iBookG4user macrumors 604

iBookG4user

3. dmt thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks for your answer it's written "If the NVIDIA graphics processor in your MacBook Pro has failed, or fails within four years of the original date of purchase, a repair will be done free of charge, even if your MacBook Pro is out of warranty.

Actually I bought my MBP15 from ebay, so how could I know the first original purchase date?

4. snaky69 macrumors 603

Apple would have the serial number registered in their system, just bring it in.

5. chiefroastbeef macrumors 6502a

Apple should replace your logicboard without question, since this is definitely a video card problem.

Two weeks ago, right before I had to leave for a trip, my 2008 MBP's screen went blank, computer powers on, power light turns on, no chime, blank screen.

Took it into an authorized service center here in HK, despite my MBP being 3 months over my 3 year warranty period, they replaced my logicboard without question, and everything works great again. They didn't ask me for any warranty info, receipt info, etc. They never do since all they have to do is look up the serial number, so unless your computer was stolen at one point, and was reported by the owner to Apple, I think you will be okay. ;)

Don't worry, and take the computer in asap. Be nice to them too. :)