problems with Office 2008 for Mac

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by fabsal70, Dec 23, 2008.

1. fabsal70 macrumors newbie

Hi,

I'm having several problems with Office 2008 on Mac. I've installed it at the beginning of December (as soon as I got my new MacBook) and it is kept up-to-date. I have probkems both with Word (severe !) and Powepoint (mild). In Word, I simply cannot save or edit any type of document, whether it is something I created in Windows and ported to Mac, or created new in Mac. As soon as I open a document and then try to save it, after having added whatever character to it, Word crashes with the message "Word has encountered a problems and needs to close". So I basically cannot use it.
    In Powerpoint, I don't have problems in editing old files or create new ones, but I cannot add 'Objects' to a presentation (e.g. an equation). As soon as I click on 'Insert->Objects' I have the same message I get in Word ("Powerpoint has encountered a problem and needs to close"). Any idea what the problem might be ?

Thanks for any help !

Fab

2. nadyne macrumors 6502a

You might want to call tech support. If you bought a retail copy of Office 2008, you get two or three free calls to tech support. (Sorry, I can't remember which number it is!) They'll be able to help you troubleshoot.

Regards,
    Nadyne.