Problems with OS X 10.9.5

Discussion in 'OS X Mavericks (10.9)' started by AwesomeRob, Sep 17, 2014.

1. AwesomeRob macrumors newbie

Hello, I tried to update the to Mavericks 10.9.5 but it only says to restart on the softftware update in Mac App Store but when I always do restart it goes back to OS X and doesn't install the update during boot. Any suggestions?

2. crjackson2134 macrumors 68020

crjackson2134

Instead of restarting, cancel that option. Then go to the :apple: menu and do a full shutdown/power off. Then power on and check to see if you have better luck.

3. AwesomeRob thread starter macrumors newbie

The issue is that it's stuck in this stupid restart cycle when it hasn't actually downloaded. So it's doing nothing by restarting.

4. crjackson2134 macrumors 68020

crjackson2134

If you have a TimeMachine backup, you can restore to a time before today and try again. You could also wait until tomorrow and download the COMBO update from the Apple website and install. That SHOULD alleviate the issue.

5. Aranzu, Sep 18, 2014
    Last edited: Sep 18, 2014

Aranzu macrumors newbie

I'm having the same problem... The new software 10.9.5 apparently downloaded correctly, but it's completely stalled at "restarting". There are two indicators, the "progress bar", the one which have those blue and wire strips in a diagonal pattern is stopped, it do not move for about half an hour, and below there is a "progress circle" I don't know how do you name it in English, but it's the one that appears on your iPhone when it's downloading smt (I'll address some photos), and that progress rolling circle is moving!. What am I supposed to do? I've been waiting for a long time and I'm starting to notice that the MacBook air is heating itself so... Please help!

(The upload photo tool appears to be broken...)

6. AwesomeRob thread starter macrumors newbie

http://support.apple.com/downloads

Hi there and download the 10.9.5 update and then tell me how it goes. That fixed my problem.

7. crjackson2134 macrumors 68020

crjackson2134

Great, glad that worked.