Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

kittybkahn

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 5, 2018
Ann Arbor MI
Hi- I have all Mac products, but started using Entourage for my mail many years ago, when a friend told me how great it was. Now I know I should have used MacMail instead, but there you have it. Anyway, Entourage is now obsolete and it turns out I can't switch to MacMail without losing all my email folders so I'm stuck with Outlook. I bought Office 365 and ms helped me transfer everything over to Outlook 2011 first and then to Outlook 2016 because that was the only way it could be done. After a couple of days, one of my email folders just disappeared from Outlook 2016. Upon searching the web, I found a ms forum and it turned out lots of people were having this issue. Luckily my 2011 Outlook still has the missing folder so I decided to just ignore 2016 and use Outlook 2011. However, ms no longer supports 2011 and will not give me any help. Arrrrrgh. I'm hoping there are people here who also use Outlook 2011 and can answer a question for me. Here goes:

When I create a new email folder and name it, the new folder just sits at the top instead of putting itself in alphabetical order. With Entourage, I could create a new folder, name it, hit return, and it would automatically go into the correct place. Can anyone here help me please? -Peace, Kitty

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.