problems with photobooth?

Discussion in 'macOS' started by sweetice2007, Oct 29, 2007.

1. sweetice2007 macrumors 6502

was messing with the backdrops tryna take pics with me in front but likewhen im sat in front to try and take a pic im not appearing on the screen theres like missing pixels etc...anyone had a similiar problem and resolved?

i meant it doesnt work right with the video backgrounds

2. WizardHunt macrumors demi-god

WizardHunt

This is common I think, I get that same problem. I hope that Apple will update this sometime in the future. If you use a green screen it might work better but how many of us has that?

3. thefunkymunky macrumors 65816

Try and make sure the background is light coloured and brightly lit. Should help a bit.

4. sweetice2007 thread starter macrumors 6502

its the built in backgrounds i was messing around with earlier...ive not attempted to put my own in yet...its so annoying!:mad:

5. Macnoviz macrumors 65816

Macnoviz

make sure your background is different from your skin, hair and clothes color, and make sure you don't cast a shadow on your background
    it's complicated to do, this shot took me half an hour to set up

Attached Files:

6. mrdonniedarko macrumors newbie

Thought it was just me and something went haywire with the instillation. The new effects are cool but yeah, they don't work that well. Macnoviz yours came out perfect but 30 min? Oy vey. I did take your advice and tried it against a white wall. It worked MUCH better but my face was still pixilated. Granted the lighting was not that bright, but then again it usually isn't and the standard effects have always worked fine. Hmph. :rolleyes:

7. Osarkon macrumors 68020

Osarkon

I've found for it to work well my background needs to be light and plain (i.e no clock on the wall, curtains or anything like that) . Even a window plays havoc with the effects.