Problems with picture orientation of background.

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by regulusblack, Jun 13, 2010.

1. regulusblack macrumors member

I have a picture that I want to use as my background, but it's not landscape orientation. In Finder and in Picasa, the picture was automatically rotated the correct way (it's of two people standing up) when it was transferred to my MBP. However, when I try to make the picture my background, it changes it to landscape orientation and makes the people sideways....is there any way for me to get it to be the right way up?

Thanks!

2. spinnerlys Guest

spinnerlys

[​IMG]

Then either press CMD+SHIFT+S to SAVE AS or CMD+S to save to the opened file.

3. regulusblack thread starter macrumors member

The picture is already in the correct orientation though...it's only is in the wrong orientation when I try to make it my background. Do you get what I mean?

4. spinnerlys Guest

spinnerlys

It works for me, when I open the wrongly orientated image in Preview, rotate it and use the SAVE AS option.
    The correct orientated image is saved with an _ as the last character.

Preview > FILE > SAVE AS
    [​IMG]

System Preferences > Desktop & Screensaver > Desktop > _ file
    [​IMG]

System Preferences > Desktop & Screensaver > Desktop > NOT _ file
    [​IMG]

5. regulusblack thread starter macrumors member

But in Preview and in the change background window it's the correct orientation...it's only wrong on the actual background. When I rotate it in Preview, it changes it to what's wrong. I tried rotating it and saving it anyway, but no matter how I do it, it changes to landscape when I make it my background picture.