Problems with power reserve

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by Henry54, Jun 2, 2015.

1. Henry54 macrumors newbie

So I just got my stainless steel with black sports band yesterday, and I've realized that every time I put my watch on power reserve manually it stops working. I click the side button and it takes a while for the watch to respond. Then it reboots by itself. Does anyone else have this problem?

2. Polaroid macrumors 6502a

I thought thats how it was meant to work - holding side button puts it back into normal mode that requires reboot?

3. Neutral Milk macrumors regular

Neutral Milk

Yeah it sounds like you just need to be a little more patient. When it's in power save and you hit the button it takes like 3-4 seconds to display the time. If you hold the button it will reset (not on its own, you did that by holding the button).

4. cmichaelb macrumors 68020

cmichaelb

The only way to exit power reserve is to reboot the watch. It all is perfectly normal for how the watch operates.

5. Julien macrumors G3

Julien

Power Reserve is a 95% reboot. Almost all systems are shut off so it only makes sense that in order to get it all back up and running would require a restart.

6. zmunkz macrumors 6502a

zmunkz

That is expected behavior. Power reserve is not like a low power toggle to be used intra-day, its a last resort to keep the watch from dying, and the only way out is a reboot.

7. Henry54 thread starter macrumors newbie

Ohh I see! I just thought it was weird for my watch to reboot after it. Now I know it's perfectly normal thanks everyone