Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MaxPayne79

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 11, 2014
what up.

never really had a problem with public wifi until DP5 and now I cant seem to log on at all. Anyone figured out a way around this? maybe deleting some systems preference files and whatnot?

Also... lately and very randomly i've been losing my keyboard and trackpad while working on **** throughout the day. I'll be typing away like a fiend and boom! not one key including the trackpad work except for the hard rest button. And I end up losing any unsaved work like long-ass posts on the fb or google minus.

Does anyone know what's the deal with the latter?

Thanks fellas! :)

The19th

macrumors regular
Jul 24, 2014
NorCal
Strange, something similar happened about an hour ago with my keyboard and trackpad. I ended up plugging in an external mouse to restart elegantly, and suddenly all my pending keypresses/clicks finally went through –*like they were stuck in a buffer somewhere. Anything more concrete would be helpful.

(additional: I haven't had any issues with public wifi so far)

fenderbass146

macrumors 65816
Mar 11, 2009
Northwest Indiana
what up.

never really had a problem with public wifi until DP5 and now I cant seem to log on at all. Anyone figured out a way around this? maybe deleting some systems preference files and whatnot?

Also... lately and very randomly i've been losing my keyboard and trackpad while working on **** throughout the day. I'll be typing away like a fiend and boom! not one key including the trackpad work except for the hard rest button. And I end up losing any unsaved work like long-ass posts on the fb or google minus.

Does anyone know what's the deal with the latter?

Thanks fellas! :)

In regards to the keyboard. I just reinstalled the DP5 update. Hopefully fixes it, haven't had it happen yet.

Cythth

macrumors regular
Feb 24, 2013
Lake Jackson, TX
I'm having the same issue with the Apple Bluetooth keyboard and trackpad. As a result, I entered a bug report. No issues with wifi, though.

MaxPayne79

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 11, 2014
yeah I reset the p-ram and it seemed to help the wifi but I hope the keyboard stuff doesn't come back, cause i never turn off my Air. Only after a week or two when safari starts to slow down or malfunction. Maybe there is something else to reset that I haven't reset yet.

Thanks for the input guys.

:)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.