Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Shrek

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jul 23, 2002
Nashville, Tennessee USA
When I click to play a past keynote, such the Paris Expo and MacWorld NY, I do not get a picture and the sound goes in and out like it's skipping or something. Previously, the only way I could find to fix this problem was to wipe out the hard drive and reinstall Windows, but that's seems way too drastic right now. I'm afraid I won't be able to watch the keynote speech on Tuesday if this is not fixed soon.

Does anyone know a quick fix for this?

benixau

macrumors 65816
Oct 9, 2002
Sydney, Australia
you are using windows.

-call ms and spend 2hrs on hold
-have them charge u $50/m to talk to them including wait time cause you are using a phone line
-have your problem come arounf to the same answer: reformat and install.

good luck

mac15

macrumors 68040
Dec 29, 2001
Well the QT for windows is really pathetic, is just like the Windows media on OSX, its hopeless.

If you had probs last time, it was probably because you were watching it in mpeg4 , and your computer might not have been able to handle it. Try a third party client, that streams. Good luck dude.

Gus

macrumors 65816
Jan 1, 2002
Minnesota
I know you're a very smart guy, but you are using the newest version available, right? Maybe it doesn't like your copy. I don't know, but I truly hope you get it fixed before Tues. Good Luck!

Regards,
Gus

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.