Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

hannahdouglas

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 10, 2015
Hello all,
I have a 2011 MacBook Pro, I recently downloaded Yosemite and have been issues ever since I have been having issues with recording in Photo Booth. After about one minute of recording, the video starts to lag and will freeze up and stop recording, or the image will go black. I'm not sure what the issue is and cannot seem to find it online :/ I spoke with somebody from apple and they suggested I reinstall Yosemite 10.10.2. I ended up reinstalling it and it didn't help :/ Does anybody know what the issue may be? or what I can do to fix it!
Thanks!

PrideT2020

macrumors newbie
Apr 15, 2015
Recording problem

Hello all,
I have a 2011 MacBook Pro, I recently downloaded Yosemite and have been issues ever since I have been having issues with recording in Photo Booth. After about one minute of recording, the video starts to lag and will freeze up and stop recording, or the image will go black. I'm not sure what the issue is and cannot seem to find it online :/ I spoke with somebody from apple and they suggested I reinstall Yosemite 10.10.2. I ended up reinstalling it and it didn't help :/ Does anybody know what the issue may be? or what I can do to fix it!
Thanks!

I have a very similar problem. I will say right now: I do NOT know how to fix yours. Sorry.

Although mine is similar, it's a bit different. When I screen record using Quicktime Player, my recording stops after about a minute or so. I don't get notified or anything and the app doesn't quick, the recording just stopped. I tried to screen record using this app called RipCorder Screen, I got the same problem! It'll record about a minute or 2, then the recording just stops half way through. It seems to me that my problem appears to be related to how my computer is set up, but I'm not exactly sure.

As for your, have you tried screen recording in a different app?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.