problems with renewing .mac subscrip to MM

Discussion in 'Apple Music, Apple Pay, iCloud, Apple Services' started by greensareus, Jul 15, 2008.

1. greensareus macrumors newbie

My .mac subscription expired before the launch of MobileMe. Wasn't planning on renewing, but with push on MM I am giving it a try again. My problem is, that even though I am running 10.5.4 and have run the MM updater, I can fine login to MM in system prefs > MM but when I push renew subs. I am transferred to the MM website to login again, and this site doesn't accept my .mac or now MM username and password.

Keep telling me username or password are invalid, eventhough I know it is the right ones I am using.

Anyone have experienced the same? or perhaps have found a solution?

(have written to MM support, but gues it can take quite a few days for them to answer, they must be drowning in mails. I know I can sign up for a new account, but I would like to keep my old name))

2. Daveoc64 macrumors 601

I had the same problem.

I was in two minds whether to use a new name for MobileMe so the issues with signing in on me.com helped me make up my mind.

I don't know what they'll be able to do. The name should be reserved (you can use it for iChat/iTunes Store/Apple Store etc.)

I'd wait on the e-mail reply.