Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

abarn

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 16, 2016
I was able to reserve a 128GB 7 Plus in Jet Black for pickup later today via iup. The problem is, I have an account with AT&T and the reserved phone is for Sprint. My girlfriend has a Sprint account and has already ordered a 7 plus for herself. Do you think I will be able to use her account details and setup a new iup account for myself to get the phone?

Mlrollin91

macrumors G5
Nov 20, 2008
I was able to reserve a 128GB 7 Plus in Jet Black for pickup later today via iup. The problem is, I have an account with AT&T and the reserved phone is for Sprint. My girlfriend has a Sprint account and has already ordered a 7 plus for herself. Do you think I will be able to use her account details and setup a new iup account for myself to get the phone?

No, you cannot set up IUP on a line that already has IUP. If you want to use IUP, you will need to reserve an AT&T device.

takasugi

macrumors regular
Feb 21, 2012

If her phone is paid off or purchased at full price you can do it but not if it's on a lease or payment plan. She would have to add a new line to get the Sprint phone on iup.

Kahsheh

macrumors regular
Sep 14, 2016

Is her order pending or completed? Reason I asked, I personally have 2 IUPs on the same phone number. No issues at all.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.