Problems with Safari

kasei

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Dec 30, 2003
Los Angeles, CA
Has anyone noticed Safari has been acting strange ever since the last update? I turned my comptuer on today and noticed Safari had dropped all of my bookmarks, even the ones in the book mark bar.

maya

macrumors 68040
Oct 7, 2004
somewhere between here and there.
kasei said:
Has anyone noticed Safari has been acting strange ever since the last update? I turned my comptuer on today and noticed Safari had dropped all of my bookmarks, even the ones in the book mark bar.
I have not got this problem, it could be something else that has corrupted your Safari bookmark file.

Comment

kasei

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Dec 30, 2003
Los Angeles, CA
Luckly I have everything backedup but my system is still acting strange. I rebooted my system and the dock was reset and I got a message requesting a password for Safari. There are a few other things that look funny. I went to disk utilities to repair my permissions and there was a message that permissions had been activated and then stopped.

I ran repair permissions and all looks well. I am scanning the system for viruses right now. Hopefully all was taken care of when I ran permissions.

Comment

munkle

macrumors 68030
Aug 7, 2004
On a jet plane
Sorry to say but Safari has been acting fine for me as well. On top of repairing permissions, I would run cron jobs too and hope it doesnt happen again.

Comment

kasei

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Dec 30, 2003
Los Angeles, CA
I got to the bottom of the problem. A colleague sent me an e-mail and the word file had a virus attached to it. The word document some how grabbed my bookmarks and when Virex deleted it I lost my bookmarks. Kind of strange, but my system is running fine now.

Comment
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.