Problems with Safari

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by CatharineRice, Jan 10, 2011.

1. CatharineRice macrumors newbie

Hi, 2 days ago when I attempted to sign into my Facebook, Hotmail or Yahoo account it wouldn't let me. Every time I typed in my username and password on Facebook it kept bringing me to the login page as if I hadn't typed anything. When I attempted my Hotmail account it said that there was a problem with the server. It is doing similar things when I try my Yahoo account.

My Safari is accepting cookies and I have reset the settings several times.

Does anyone know what is going on? Any help would be appreciated.

Catharine

2. simsaladimbamba

Have you tried it via another (even temporarily created) user account on the same Mac with Safari or even other browsers like Firefox or Opera?

3. CatharineRice thread starter macrumors newbie

No I haven't tried on another account. I have tried Firefox and it isn't letting me log in either. I am relatively new to Macs so unsure where to start.

4. CatharineRice thread starter macrumors newbie

Ok, I have tried the temporary account and it is still not letting me onto anything!!

5. Gregg2 macrumors 603

Do you have access to any other computer? Try it out and see if the same thing happens. If it doesn't work, the problem is not with the Mac. If it does work, more troubleshooting is in order. To help with that, provide your OS version and Safari version, for starters.