Problems with Safari

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by honeybee2000, May 11, 2008.

1. honeybee2000 macrumors newbie

hi, I am a new macbook user! When I use macbook, I find that there is no right click button. If I want to download some pictures from the web, there is no way for me to do so. Is there a way to do it? Besides, I notice that some buttons of some website will be missed when I use Safari. Is it normal? I recently that the performance of Safari is extremely bad! (It's a macbook. I don't expect such slow performance when it loads some pages) Should I use FoxFire instead?

2. Tallest Skil macrumors P6

Tallest Skil

Welcome. Control+click. Have fun!

DO NOT USE FIREFOX. But that's just me.

3. dvince2 macrumors 6502

dvince2

Also, if you have 2 fingers on your track pad then click, thats the same as right click

4. mkrishnan Moderator emeritus

mkrishnan

You should also be able to tap the trackpad with two fingers to get a right click.

I'm not sure why parts of websites are missing. Do you mean basic graphics, or things like Flash applets? Are you using the current version of the Flash plugin?

You could always try Firefox. Why not, I guess? I'd personally recommend trying 3.0b5 at this point and not 2.0.x. I go back and forth; right now I use Firefox 3 more than Safari on my iMac, but I really like Safari too.

5. karenflower macrumors 6502a

karenflower

You can enable right-clicking in System Preferences, under Keyboard & Mouse, Trackpad.

Make sure 'Clicking' and 'Tap trackpad using two fingers for secondary click' are enabled, and then you can just tap the trackpad with 2 fingers to right-click. :)

6. honeybee2000 thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks a lot! For the missing button, I notice that it always happens for some highly-secured web site like e-banking and my company's private email.

7. wrldwzrd89 macrumors G5

wrldwzrd89

Unfortunately, many online banking sites and corporate sites do not officially support Safari, though the site may work in that browser.

8. richard.mac macrumors 603

richard.mac

i think Bank websites use a javascript or something to hide the toolbar as they would like you to use their forward and back buttons not your browser's.

you can show the toolbar and bookmarks bar again from Safari's view menu.

+1 for Safari also. why download Firefox as soon as you buy a Mac when youve got a very capable browser installed by default? its just some web developers dont believe in standards and so some websites (not many) dont work with WebKit (Safari's engine). so for this reason i use Firefox as a backup broswer which came in handy in one of my earlier postings.