Problems with Samsung ML1665 and Mini mac 10.7.3 os

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by Simon Howell, Feb 26, 2012.

1. Simon Howell macrumors newbie

I am running 10.7.3 on a mac mini ; i have bought a samsung ML1665 mono laser printer. Documents seem to go through the printer utility ok - the printer makes a start up noise but does not print. i have downloaded the latest drive (1.07.01) . In the Samsung troubleshooting guide it says that this can be sorted out by changing the Bios LPT Port mode setting to PS/2 . So far the only way around this seems to be to turn off the printer and then on again - it will then print one page only -does anyone have any bright ideas ow to solve this?

2. mlanham macrumors newbie

3. bobhammer macrumors member

bobhammer

i am suffering from the same problem, it won't print or else I reboot the printer everytime, tried reinstalling the driver, kicking the printer, nth seems to resolve the problem....!!!!:mad::mad:

4. blevins321 macrumors 68030

5. Toffke macrumors newbie

I am experiencing the same problem with 2 different Samsung ML-1665 printers connected (USB) to 2 different Mac Mini (running both 10.7.3)...
    I installed the Samsung Printer Drivers 2.3, uninstalled and reinstalled the printers, reset the printing system... Nothing seems to work! It prints a couple of times, then stop printing. The only option is to reboot the printer and try again.
    Very annoying! Did anyone find a solution to solve this? Thks

6. nestorb macrumors newbie

Workaround

When that occurs, ie. everyday :-( , I switch the printer to another unused USB port and the printer then prints without problem for... a few hours.

7. macwhiteuser macrumors newbie

Same Problem - ML-1665

I have had the same problem as described with the samsung ML-1665 black and whtie printer. I noticed it being a problem as soon as I upgraded to Lion (although I jumped from Leopard to Lion within a day so maybe the problem may have been apparent from Snow Leopard onwards).

I rang Samsung and explained my problem - i.e. that I need to reboot the printer to print a second job, or print the job a couple of times on my macbook in order for the printer to print one time. They simply exchanged my printer with the same model. This has not helped at all, as expected.

I don't really know what to do. I've only had the printer for a year and was expecting to get a few more years out of it...

8. palmharbor macrumors 6502

samsung printer woows

I have the same printer...the software is flawed at best. All the Geek attention is for Windows and Mac is an after thought. I have tried everything. The download in this article will not open once it gets on the desktop, so its no answer....its all about poor Mac Software...Samsung does not care about ten percent of the market. They are an enemy of Apple...I know I used to work for a sub of Samsung.