Problems with Siri and N/C?

Discussion in 'iOS 6' started by MrThompsonR, Jul 10, 2013.

1. MrThompsonR macrumors 6502

MrThompsonR

J/b on IOS 6.1 and noticed today that Siri won't launch apps because "You don't seem to have an app named......?" Also When I pull down N/c its just says. "No new no notifications?" None of my plugins show or even weather at the top? In Settings I just get the spinning loop icon? Not sure if this is caused by a Cydia tweak or Apple? Any ideas?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. ~Ks383~ macrumors 6502

I don't know how to help on the NC problem, but I as far as your issues with Siri launching apps, that has happened to me too. If you have mobile terminal there's a script you can run to fix that issue.

You have to login as root in order for it to run correctly.

Here it is:

#!/bin/bash
    chmod -x /usr/libexec/mobile_installation_proxy
    killall -9 mobile_installation_proxy
    rm /var/mobile/Library/Caches/com.apple.mobile.installation.plist /var/mobile/Library/Caches/com.apple.LaunchServices-045.csstore
    launchctl stop com.apple.mobile.installd
    launchctl start com.apple.mobile.installd

while [ ! -f /var/mobile/Library/Caches/com.apple.mobile.installation.plist ];
    do
    sleep 1
    done
    while [ ! -f /var/mobile/Library/Caches/com.apple.LaunchServices-045.csstore ];
    do
    sleep 1
    done

sleep 10

chmod +x /usr/libexec/mobile_installation_proxy
    sync
    reboot;

It worked for me. I hope it helps you out.

3. MrThompsonR thread starter macrumors 6502

MrThompsonR

Got a fix today. After doing a Cydia update for Auto App Updater and then restarting my phone N/C came back and is working fine. I had turned off Siri. I will try using it later when I get home from work. Maybe the bug/ fix effected both?

----------

Just chk'd Siri still won't open apps.

----------

Will try the script later.