Problems with Sound Output

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by rainsplash, Feb 13, 2010.

1. rainsplash macrumors newbie

I have a MacBook with Snow Leopard installed. When Itunes is opened, I seem to be having this problem where I plug in my headphones and all of a sudden the sound is extremely distorted and sounds like the music is skipping. When I reopen Itunes with the headphones in, the sound is perfectly fine. Then if I take the headphones out, the speaker starts to distort this sound. This happens anytime I play anything with Audio whether from the internet, quicktime etc, when iTunes is open. When iTunes is closed, the sound works perfectly fine. Anyway I can fix this?

2. NewMacbookPlz macrumors 68040

NewMacbookPlz

Have you tried removing and re-installing iTunes?

3. lindorz macrumors newbie

I have been having the same problem as well, but this has not been with the headphones... Although I would assume this would also happen if I were to plug in headphones into the jack. (But I will test to make sure) My problem gets even more irritating cause I tested audio playback in a YouTube stream or any other stream WITHOUT iTunes opened and the audio is just as bad with tearing noise... I would have to completely close the browser and reopen it for the audio noise to go away just to have it come back couple minutes later after playing another different streaming video. I have uninstalled and reinstalled Safari/Firefox/Chrome... Anyone have tips? :confused:

4. lokster macrumors 6502

lokster

try reinstalling snow leopard? and maybe try updating too,whats the model of your macbooks?

5. lindorz macrumors newbie

I have done a clean install of Snow Leopard and even updated my MacBook with the latest Snow Leopard update (10.6.3). My MacBook model is MacBook 1,1 purchased Fall 2006.