Problems with TC 2TB and internet

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by lisamel, Nov 21, 2009.

1. lisamel macrumors regular

lisamel

Hi!

Well the problem started when we got a new Time Capsule (2 TB) and replaced and AEBS.

At the moment we have 4 macs using the TC. Three wireless and one connected with ethernet cable. If I close the lid on my Macbook Air and open it after a few minutes, it wont connect to the internet. I get a message saying:
    "Airport has the self-assigned IP address (and the IP #) and will not be able to connect to the internet"

I try to use the network diagnostics, and it looks like the network settings is wrong (amber light) and the internet and server is failed. I then select the network I want to use, and then it suddenly works again.

Also three of the macs are using the TC for back ups. Usually the back up gets delayed, and wont start even if I ask it to back up now. It starts to the volume ready, then it says that the disk isnt available.

Is there something I cant do or is the TC faulty? My mum and dad arent too good with macs, so if they cant connect to the internet they usually just reboot and it works.

I have reset the TC and created the network again, but its still the same issue.

Thanks for any help :)

2. lisamel thread starter macrumors regular

lisamel

I think I managed it fix it myself, so I just wanted to reply on here incase someone else has the same problem.

I deleted the TC back ups, the network settings etc, shut down the macs that are always on that network. I set everything up again, but with new names and passwords. I also changed the channel from automatic to a set one. I scanned with airradar or something to find out which channel other people around the house use so mine wasnt near theirs.

Anyway, after doing this I started all the macs and they could all see the wireless network, and then I set up the TC and started back up. It all seems to work fine now :)