Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

kadsl

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 19, 2012
TetherMe worked once, right after I installed it. I've tried reinstalling multiple times, I have the option to start tethering but it doesn't show up in WiFi and while I can connect to my phone with Bluetooth, Tethering still doesn't work. I've tried restarting a billion times, erasing network settings, everything I can think of. Nothing worked. Please help!!! :( I have an iPhone 5 on Verizon.

kadsl

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 19, 2012
Have both wifi and Bluetooth turned on.

Open the tetherme app.

Keep broadcasting on
Apn selection set to automatic

then turn personal hot spot on.

This works for me.

Nope, doesn't work. Doesn't even show up under connections on my mac.

kadsl

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 19, 2012
Well im not sure what to do.

Well... Thanks, I guess. I wonder if anyone can help me... Do you have any idea how to remove tethering from my settings, then? Because it stays even when I remove TetherMe.

klamse25

macrumors 6502a
Oct 25, 2009
TetherMe worked once, right after I installed it. I've tried reinstalling multiple times, I have the option to start tethering but it doesn't show up in WiFi and while I can connect to my phone with Bluetooth, Tethering still doesn't work. I've tried restarting a billion times, erasing network settings, everything I can think of. Nothing worked. Please help!!! :( I have an iPhone 5 on Verizon.

What device are you tethering to?

The Highlander

macrumors 6502
Oct 25, 2009
Give it time... it could take 4-5 mins for wifi to populate... Same with connecting... it will connect...

This is one of the few things that android really got right.... enable... connect... done.

kadsl

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 19, 2012
Give it time... it could take 4-5 mins for wifi to populate... Same with connecting... it will connect...

This is one of the few things that android really got right.... enable... connect... done.

But it's not even showing up on my computer... Right now I've had it enabled for about five minutes. Will wait a bit longer.

----------

Sounds like you might have a conflict with another package installed.
Try removing tetherme. Restart you iphone and then install it again.

I've tried that about thirty seven times. What could be interfering with it? I have the following packages (not including dependencies)
Auxo
Ayecon
Barrel
Bars
Bonjour Fix
Browser Changer
Bulletin
BytaFont
Cartogothic Std Font
ChargingBackground
Chrome Download Manager
Chromizer
FakeClockUp
FullForce for Phone
iCleaner
iFile
Infinidock
LocallAPStore
LowPowerBanner
MobileTerminal
MultiIconMover
NCSettings
NCSettings ISX
NoNewsIsGoodNews
OpenSSH
PasswordPilot
SMSConfirmation
SpotDict
Springtomize 2
TetherMe
Torch
UnFold
WiFi Passwords
WinterBoard
xCon
Zephyr
Zeppelin
%hook's law

kadsl

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 19, 2012
Wow, over 35+ packages installed.
There's your answer right there.
So you expect to have 35-40 hacks installed and not have any bugs or conflicts?

Basically... This is my only bug. And it's worked before, mind you, with all these installed. Are you sure that TetherMe supports tethering over WiFi with an iPhone 5 yet?

Applejuiced

macrumors Westmere
Apr 16, 2008
At the iPhone hacks section.
Basically... This is my only bug. And it's worked before, mind you, with all these installed. Are you sure that TetherMe supports tethering over WiFi with an iPhone 5 yet?

Yes, works fine with everyone else to tether using wifi, BT and USB.
Remove them all then install tetherme and your packages one by one testing the tethering function to figure out what one or combo of one or more things breaks tethering.
But my advice is get rid of stuff that you dont need, use or can live without.
Keep stuff that are usefull and must haves.
Dont install everything there is available on cydia.

kadsl

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 19, 2012
Yes, works fine with everyone else to tether using wifi, BT and USB.
Remove them all then install tetherme and your packages one by one testing the tethering function to figure out what one or combo of one or more things breaks tethering.
But my advice is get rid of stuff that you dont need, use or can live without.
Keep stuff that are usefull and must haves.
Dont install everything there is available on cydia.

I've been jbing since 1.1.4, I'm not just installing everything available on Cydia :p I know what I'm doing with regards to tweaks.

Instead of uninstalling everything, though, I used Springtomize 2 to disable all addons to mobile substrate other than Springtomize (so I'd be able to reenable them) and TetherMe. I resprung, then rebooted. Still didn't work. I'd rather not start erasing and reinstalling tweaks, as that'll take forever. Do you have any ideas which tweaks could be causing this?

Applejuiced

macrumors Westmere
Apr 16, 2008
At the iPhone hacks section.
Your guess is as good as anyones.
I can tell you some of them I have installed before and never gave me any problems with my tethering hacks.

WiFi Passwords
FakeClockUp
NCSettings
MobileTerminal
OpenSSH
Zephyr

So start removing some of the other ones and hope you find it or narrow it down.
But again that doesnt mean 100% that a combination of 2 or more packages cant conflict and cause the tetherme issues you're experiencing either.
Hope it works out in the end even though it can be a time consuming process.

kadsl

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 19, 2012
Your guess is as good as anyones.
I can tell you some of them I have installed before and never gave me any problems with my tethering hacks.

WiFi Passwords
FakeClockUp
NCSettings
MobileTerminal
OpenSSH
Zephyr

So start removing some of the other ones and hope you find it or narrow it down.
But again that doesnt mean 100% that a combination of 2 or more packages cant conflict and cause the tetherme issues you're experiencing either.
Hope it works out in the end even though it can be a time consuming process.

Ughh alright, I guess that's what I've gotta do. I'll just restore my iPhone, rejailbreak, restore iTunes backup, and start doing that whole process tomorrow. I'll let you know if I make any progress. Thanks so much for your help so far.

Tortri

macrumors 6502a
Aug 30, 2010
I know when I first installed tetherme it didn't work, I ended up resetting my settings, after that it worked.

That's my personal experience with it.

kadsl

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 19, 2012
I know when I first installed tetherme it didn't work, I ended up resetting my settings, after that it worked.

That's my personal experience with it.

Which settings did you reset? Network settings or all? I've tried everything short of erasing all content and settings, nothings worked for me.

kadsl

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 19, 2012
Sucks bro:(
But hope you find the "pain in the rear" conflict fast:D

OK so I restored, rejailbroke, and reinstalled tweaks. Here are the ones I have installed now, with TetherMe working:
Auxo
Ayecon
Bonjour Fix
Browser Changer
Bulletin
BytaFont
Chromizer
FakeClockUp
FullForce for Phone
iFile
Infinidock
MobileTerminal
NCSettings
NCSettings ISX
NoNewsIsGoodNews
OpenSSH
Springtomize 2
TetherMe
Torch
Unfold
Winterboard
Zephyr
%hook's law

So the problem was caused by one of these:
Barrel
Bars
ChargingBackground
Chrome Download Manager
iCleaner
LocallAPStore
LowPowerBanner
MultiIconMover
OpenSSH
SMSConfirmation
WiFi Passwords
xCon
Zeppelin

kingdLo

macrumors 6502
Mar 20, 2009
Is there a general consensus that you need bluetooth and wifi both on to tether? Mine is working great with only wifi on.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.