Problems with Text Messages in 4.2

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by mygener8ion, Nov 28, 2010.

1. mygener8ion macrumors newbie

Not sure if anyone else is having the same problem yet, but I'm having issues when I'm in my Messages screen. On several occasions, the keyboard does not autohide when I'm looking at my list of messages, and occasionally the type bar stays in the middle of the screen while looking at messages. Can anyone share any light on this? It's kind of annoying

2. mygener8ion thread starter macrumors newbie

One way to test if you have the problem.

This is one way that it does come up. Open a message, then tap on the type bar so the keyboard comes up, then tap on 'Messages' up the top to go back to list of messages and see if your keyboard hides or not. Mine doesn't, and sometimes it does but the type bar stays in the middle.

3. QuarterSwede macrumors G3

QuarterSwede

I followed your instructions and I couldn't reproduce your issue.

iPhone 4, 4.2.1

4. django696 macrumors member

django696

I"ve been having the same problem, I found if I hit the edit button, the keyboard drops down and I can read all my messages.

5. chargit macrumors 6502a

chargit

mine is a 3gs on 3.1.3 and has been doing the same thing for quite some time. I downloaded bitesms yesterday and it does it everytime but I noticed if I tap in the message body it will go away allowing me to read the entire text. I did not figure this out until yesterday so not sure if it works the other way also. so try it and report...