Problems with the ipod

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by lassie43, Aug 3, 2011.

1. lassie43 macrumors newbie

my ipod shows me this:

Singleuser boot -- fsck not done
    Root device is mouted read-only

If you want to make modifications to files:
    /sbin/fsck -fy
    /sbin/mount -uw /
    If you wish to boot the system:
    exit

Aug 3 19:21:25 launchd[17]: can't exec
    /bin/sh for single user: No such file or directory

Please, help me!!!

2. Firestar macrumors 68020

Firestar

Do you think you could take a picture while your iPod is showing this?

3. lassie43 thread starter macrumors newbie

i can`t take a picture, because i don`t have the phone`s cable to upload it..its a white text on black

4. lassie43 thread starter macrumors newbie

it always shows me that..its stocked on that image..i can`t do nothing..i tried to restart it..but no results..a white text is rolling fast on the screen, and then it show`s me what i said..

5. jonrando macrumors 6502a

It randomly did that? Are you jailbroken? Did you try going into DFU mode but holding down the sleep and home button for about 10 - 15 seconds?

6. lassie43 thread starter macrumors newbie

i tried a jailbreak, but it fail like this..
    and, yes! i made what you said..

7. spanah macrumors newbie

ipod is ****ed

Hello first time using this, and I have only just signed up so sorry if this is in a bad place or something.
    However I really do need help with my ipod, i have had it for around a year now,and it is still in warranty, i have noticed for about 3 months that my ipod sometimes controls itself by constantly turning on voice control, turning on and off apps i use and playing music i don't want to.
    I have deleted everything off the ipod multiple times, restored it again and again and i have updated it recently to the most recent version.
    the main problem now though is that i have ordered repair service and a box is arriving tomorrow; although, the day i did order this service, i dropped it and now it has a crack in the screen, they have said that it will not be in warranty, though i know for a fact that the problem was happening before.
    i have agreed to talk to apple support tomorrow but will they tell me politely it is not their problem?

8. jonrando macrumors 6502a

You should really have made your own thread...

Of course the iPod isn't covered, you dropped the iPod when it was out of warranty!

When you get the thing in the mail, just go to Apple and tell them what's happening. The only thing we can suggest is to restore it, but you said you did that already.

Um, what? What's not their problem?