Problems with the new revision/redesign

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by drumdoc, Jul 19, 2008.

1. drumdoc macrumors newbie

I, like a lot of you, have been waiting to get a new macbook this summer. I think the machines they have now are great, but have also been reading about Montevina along with the possibility for a case design.

I was wondering about the problems and kinks that go along with new designs in apple computers. Are there usually problems with the first couple versions of a new design?

I guess I am torn between getting a macbook before the revisions knowing that most of the problems have been worked out and rolling the dice with the new system.

2. CWallace macrumors 603

CWallace

You are most likely to encounter problems with an initial release of a design. Apple tests the equipment, but they only have so much time and so many scenarios so once it is released into the public, new issues often crop-up that did not appear during testing.

I've been very lucky - I bought an Al iMac, a MacBook, both iPhones and an iPod Nano the day they were launched and none of them had issues. But I do know that many others did.

3. Macsforcollege? macrumors regular

but as long as you get applecare, if theres a problem, they will replace it right?? so if i get the new one if it comes out in time and a week later problems arise, they will take it back?

4. JNB macrumors 604

JNB

You have a 14-day return (US) on any Apple product for any reason. AppleCare isn't needed in that window. The warranty is for 90 days phone support & 1 year hardware. AppleCare provides phone support and hardware support to three years.

5. alphaod macrumors Core

alphaod

They don't replace it; they fix it.