Problems with the 'Numbers' Program

Discussion in 'macOS' started by em458ma, Mar 3, 2010.

1. em458ma macrumors newbie

I have created a diagram in the numbers program with both numbers and shapes. When I try to copy and paste this to a Pages document, it will only copy the numbers from the cells and not the shapes I added in as well. I have to separately copy and paste each arrow. Is there a way you can copy and paste the entire document with numbers and shapes?

Thanks!

2. mysterytramp macrumors 65816

mysterytramp

I think you've found a bug. I can copy the objects in Numbers and then paste them all in Pages, but then the objects have to be repositioned on the Numbers table (after their object placement status has been changed in the Inspector, and making sure "Object causes wrap" isn't checked).

I'd describe your predicament and send it off to Apple via the "Provide Pages Feedback" option.

mt

3. em458ma thread starter macrumors newbie

4. Ashka macrumors 6502a

Ashka

In Numbers drag the curser around the table to select the grid and the shapes.
    Arrange > "Lock" Little Xs will show up when the table is selected. Command c to copy and command v to paste the entire thing into pages, numbers or TextEdit for that matter. :)
    S.

5. mysterytramp macrumors 65816

mysterytramp

That seems to work in TextEdit, but Pages still separates the objects.

mt

6. Ashka macrumors 6502a

Ashka

You are correct,
    Numbers OK, TextEdit OK but Pages Not OK with the Lock..
    No idea why the practice one I tried stayed together in pages.. Can't make it work again :(