Problems with the proximity sensor on my iPhone 4

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by djrobsd, Jun 28, 2010.

1. djrobsd macrumors 6502a

[Edit - changed facial to proximity]
    I think, in order to accomodate the front facing Camera, Apple made changes to the sensor that detects when your phone is pressed against your face.

Unfortunately, as a result, on ocasion, I now disconnect people when I have to lean into my iphone. I know, the simple solution is bluetooth headset, but let's face it, sometimes the battery goes dead, sometimes we just don't want to carry another piece of gear around, and I just need to hold the phone against my ear while unloading groceries or signing a charge slip in line...

Is anyone else noticing this?

Another, unrelated problem, the metal antenna sometimes shocks me when I get out of the car, kind of like when you touch a door knob after walking across carpet... LOL

2. draz macrumors 6502a

Hahahaha the iPhone 4 is indeed shocking!

And yea tons of reports now about the proximity sensor... Just another thing to check off on the iPhone 4 issues. Yet you'll see another 2-3million people buying the thing before the summer is over (including me!)

3. marksman macrumors 603

marksman

Have you ever had any plastic surgery?

I have heard this could throw off the proxmity sensors.

4. jpetticrew macrumors 6502a

jpetticrew

The proximity sensor thing seems to be happening to almst everyone. That's probably something they can fix in software though.

5. djrobsd thread starter macrumors 6502a

LOL good one, but no.