Problems with the resume from sleep login window

Discussion in 'macOS' started by Benjamin,, Dec 22, 2012.

1. Benjamin, macrumors member

Benjamin,

I'll keep this short and sharp.

Previously, when I would resume my mac from sleep, it would make the screen look similar to the normal login screen. With things spread out and nicly formatted. With the menu bar showing the essentials like network, time, and battery in the upper left.

Now, when I resume from sleep a small window appears telling me I need to enter my password to "unlock the screen".

What would cause this? Any applications that I might have installed without being aware?

I have restarted 2/3 times, and I will continue to do so for a short while more, in the hope that it can help me.

Thanks in advance!

2. Benjamin, thread starter macrumors member

Benjamin,

[​IMG]

~Before

[​IMG]

~After

Neither of those are my images, but the closest match I could get on Google Images. So you can see how much of a considerable change it is. I prefer the "Before". The "after" seems tacky and very... old?

3. Benjamin, thread starter macrumors member

Benjamin,

Everything in the preferences is as normal.

I didn't change anything recently.

It was fine before I restarted this morning. After, it's as shown (changed).

4. Ravel36 macrumors newbie

I am having this same issue and cannot seem to figure out how it got changed. Does anyone know how to fix this?

5. gwang73 macrumors 6502a

gwang73

Change your login options in System Preferences —> Users & Groups —> Login Options

Change 'Display login window as:' to 'List of users' and/or change 'Show fast user switching menu as:' 'Icon'.

Attached Files: