Carrier Problems with Three UK

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by purpleparrotuk, Jan 24, 2017.

1. purpleparrotuk macrumors 6502

Further to the problems with 4g when the iPhone 7 was first released, both me and hubby are getting phone calls go straight through to voicemail. The phones are on our desks at work and signal appears to be good. I am fed up of the people finally getting through and saying they have been trying to get hold of me.

Anyone else with this problem? Is it just three U.K.?

2. Futhark macrumors 65816

Futhark

I've a friend who's having this very same issue with three UK. He's had a replacement SIM card from 3 and Apple on the phone talking him through different steps but still the same result. I'm on 3 but have the 7 Plus and don't have these issues.

3. Gav2k macrumors G3

Gav2k

Have you got to settings > general > about? It'll prompt a carrier update. Failing that try installing the public beta as it contains the latest carrier update file which is 27.5.1

4. purpleparrotuk thread starter macrumors 6502

I am using the beta already. Thanks anyway :)

5. Beards macrumors 6502a

Beards

Do you actually find Voicemail useful?
    If not why don't you have it turned off.
    Simply ring 333 and ask for it to be turned off.
    To turn it back on again repeat the above.

6. andyp350 macrumors 6502a

That wouldn't solve the problem. If calls aren't getting connected the person will just get a 'person unavailable please try again later' message instead of the voicemail service.
    Definitely something to take up with Three themselves. I'm with three on a 7+ and havent noticed any problems.

7. Entourage macrumors newbie

I had exactly the same as you describe with Three U.K. along with the initial 4G problem that arose when the iPhone 7 came out on their network.

At the time Three were adamant that there was no issue and suggested I speak with Apple.

I ended up switching to EE. That was a couple of months ago and ever since I have had no problems whatsoever and have the added bonus of clearer quality audio on calls.

8. mrwoood macrumors newbie

I have the iPhone 7,experiencing receiving call problems when on 4g network, after speaking to Apple resetting my handset, restoring my handset, changing my Sim,the problem still occurd three have now admitted there is a problem and have offered £5 off my monthly bill or to return handset and they would refund me handset and part of line rental.
    If you turn off 4g it works better but you are paying for a service which you are not getting.

9. purpleparrotuk thread starter macrumors 6502

If three have admitted there is a problem surely they should be doing a recall ?

10. iGeek2014 macrumors 68000

I ordered a free PAYG SIM from Three U.K. to try out network coverage in my area and noticed no problems (iPhone 7 Plus here).

Are you able to use the office WiFI at all? Whilst it's not an ideal situation you'd be able to use Three's WiFi Calling then.