Problems with TVMicro and EyeTV 2

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by thejedipunk, Jun 5, 2007.

1. thejedipunk macrumors regular

thejedipunk

I bought a Miglia TVMicro over the weekend and it works wonderful. However, when I installed the EyeTV 2.4.1 update, I've run into a problem.

Basically, after a certain amount of time (maybe 20 minutes?) the picture freezes. I can switch channels, and it gives me the program info, but the picture is still frozen on whatever was on before it froze. To make it worse, I quit EyeTV yet in the application switcher, the dock and even Force Quit, EyeTV shows it's running, even though it's not showing up in Activity Monitor. I've tried force quitting it so many times, but nothing happens. I already reinstalled the version that came on the disc, and so far, the problem hasn't happened again. I left it running for more than 30 minutes.

Is anyone else having problems with the software? Could it be that my iBook can't handle the highest resolution (720x480) I can view? Could it be that the USB extension isn't powerfull or dare I say, a lemon and that's what's causing it to freeze? Or is it simply that my iBook is too slow for the TVMicro?

2. rspeaker macrumors 6502

I have a 1.83CD iMac, with 1gb ram, and with few exceptions, my TVMicro and EyeTV2 have worked well. I'm running 2.4. Ive been prompted to download 2.4.1, but I looked at the readme, and I don't have any of the issues the update fixes.

Unless you are having some of the problems 2.4.1 fixes, I would stick with 2.4.

As for your PB being too slow, I defer to others....

3. Attonine macrumors 6502a

I have exactly the same problem with my El Gato Hybrid. I sent a report to El Gato and they said it was a hardware problem so I exchanged the device, but the problem still persists on the new one. Incidentally, I had this problem before the software update, the update just seems to have made it worse. I think I will re-install the software and see what happens, when I stop being so lazy!