Problems with UIPopoverControllers

Discussion in 'iOS Programming' started by isthisonetaken, Mar 16, 2012.

1. isthisonetaken, Mar 16, 2012
    Last edited: Mar 16, 2012

isthisonetaken macrumors regular

Hey guys,

I have an iPad app running on iOS 5.1. I'm using the new iOS 5 containment APIs and have a parent view controller which loads two children view controllers. In one of the children view controllers, I have a view that has some labels for times. What I want is to have the user tap on the view and load a popover with a date picker that lets the user switch the times.

Currently, I'm running in Xcode 4.3 and setup a view controller in my storyboard. I have a segue going from the child view controller to another view controller setup as a popover. I set it to anchor to my view. I created a custom class and set the popover to that class. All I did was add in a delegate to the custom class and methods for the cancel and done buttons.

Every time I tap the view, my app crashes. This is what comes up in the console:
    *** Terminating app due to uncaught exception 'NSInvalidArgumentException', reason: '-[UIViewController setDelegate:]: unrecognized selector sent to instance 0x297f00'
    Any ideas what's going on?

- EDIT:
    Turns out I wasn't importing the custom file, so of course the app didn't know what delegate was... Stupid mistake on my part. I guess we can lock this thread now if that's possible?

2. jnoxx macrumors 65816

jnoxx

You can set your own topic as Resolved, so other users can see that the problem was set as Resolved, so they can look into it.