problems with ultrasn0w and 1 signal strength bar

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by psywzrd, May 9, 2011.

1. psywzrd macrumors 68030

I have an iphone 4 jailbroken on 4.3.3 via pwnage to preserve my 1.59.00 bb. I installed ultrasn0w strictly to fix the 1 signal strength bar issue since I am on AT&T and don't actually need the unlock. We all know that ultrasn0w has a problem in that it kills your mms and vvm but removing and reinserting the sim seems to rectify that (not sure why the Dev team can't fix that issue but that's another story). Anyway, my signal strength was back to normal after installing ultrasn0w but I had to reboot my phone after doing a tweak to fix the choppy animations and my signal strength went back to being stuck one bar (ultrasn0w was still installed too ). Reinstalling ultrasn0w fixed the signal strength issue but then my mms and vvm were gone again so I had to remove my case and remove and reinsert my sim again. Has anyone else run into this problem with ultrasn0w? Am I going to have to go through these multiple steps every time I reboot my phone? It's a bit annoying to say the least and I hate having to take off my case every time I have to remove the sim.

2. edk macrumors regular

yep, same problem.

Your best solution is to remove ultrasnow, and live with the cosmetic issue