Problems with Uncaught Exception

Discussion in 'iOS Programming' started by Brinck10, Dec 17, 2010.

1. Brinck10 macrumors newbie

Hi guys. I've been tackling this error for 5 hours now without any luck. I've read on the internet what to do, but I always end up with the same error:

PHP:
    *** Terminating app due to uncaught exception 'NSUnknownKeyException'reason'[<VideoDetail 0x6d28f70> setValue:forUndefinedKey:]: this class is not key value coding-compliant for the key textView.'
    As far as my proficiency can tell, the problem lies with Interface builder, but I simply can't get around it.

I would be very greatful if anybody could help me solve this question. I know this is a common error, however the topics available on the forums didn't managed to solve my problem, or at least I failed to do it with their guidance.

Best regards,

brinck10

2. ulbador, Dec 17, 2010
    Last edited: Dec 17, 2010

ulbador macrumors 68000

ulbador

You have to make sure all the class identities and such match up to your class names in IB. So if you load a different view from the view in interface builder, the class identity has to be set in two places, not just one.

Edit:

Here is an apple discussion board post I found describing this since my description is about as clear as mud:

http://discussions.apple.com/message.jspa?messageID=9902582

3. PhoneyDeveloper macrumors 68030

PhoneyDeveloper

The problem is related to an IBOutlet named textView in your VideoDetail view controller.

See if that IBOutlet exists. Sometimes this error occurs when you change the spelling of an IBOutlet or you remove it entirely.

cntl-click on File's Owner in the objects list in the nib window (make sure you have the View Style set to list view). If you see a yellow item there called textView then click on the x to remove it.