problems with updating from 10.5.4

Discussion in 'macOS' started by king1pin1, Mar 1, 2010.

1. king1pin1 macrumors newbie

I bought my first mac last month , it was 1year old and came restored to factory condition osx 10.5.4 .All was well until after i updated to mac osx combined 10.5.8. I liked the updated safari but lost my iphoto so had to restore back to factory.
    now i have all my programs back but cant update anymore, it just tells me that it will need to restart then hangs for hours saying configuring instillation .
    If i try updating using installer it tells me that i cant .
    can anyone help please.

2. MacDawg macrumors P6

MacDawg

Are you able to boot from your Leopard installation disc and do an "archive and install"?

3. king1pin1 thread starter macrumors newbie

I am not sure what you mean , i can install using my disc 10.5.4 but this has now been updated . The mac tells me that a update is avalible from the apple website . i then download it to my mac , it then tells me that it needs to restart to install then sticks while its trying to install program.

4. MacDawg macrumors P6

MacDawg

When you install from the 10.5.4 disc, can you boot your machine and does it run without issue BEFORE you try to run the Software Update?

Have you run Disk Utility from your install disc to verify/repair your HDD?

5. king1pin1 thread starter macrumors newbie

6. king1pin1 thread starter macrumors newbie

no luck , I used the disc utility and the disc is verified but still not able to install the update .