Problems with user

Discussion in 'macOS Sierra (10.12)' started by soundsystem00, Jul 4, 2017.

1. soundsystem00 macrumors newbie

soundsystem00

I opened a new User Account for work called "employee" and when I was done, I removed it from the user list. I made the account "admin" but for some reason OSX made it the main admin somehow. After I removed it, it is not on the list in settings, but when I turn on my computer, it still boots as Employee and I have to enter the old password. Then it takes almost 10 minutes to load, then goes to another screen where I can enter the password of the original account. Here is where it gets even more annoying.

The curser disappears and the trackpad wont work!! I have to hit tab a thousand times and enter until I can FINALLY enter the password and log in! I am scared to even restart my computer because of this crap. I have a 2016 Macbook Pro so I think that is pretty messed up how I spent over $1200 on a laptop and am afraid to restart it and spent 10+ minutes booting up.

Help would be...MUCH...MUCH appreciated. Yes I am a little frustrated, and I have been meaning to post this for months. Thank you..

2. Taz Mangus macrumors 68040

Taz Mangus

Boot into safe mode and see how the computer reacts: https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201262

3. soundsystem00 thread starter macrumors newbie

soundsystem00

Wow, I am so surprised that this is the only response I received. I totally thought this would be a big thread. This is a huge freakin problem and it is pissing me off on a molecular level.
    Taz, I will try that out, but then what? I assume it will be the same thing. I have not tried it yet because I have several tasks going on right now, but I will let you know.

4. FreakinEurekan macrumors 68040

FreakinEurekan

Disable FileVault, then re-enable it. Sounds like "Employee" is the only authorized login to dectrypt the disk, which is why you need to log into that user first.

5. soundsystem00 thread starter macrumors newbie

soundsystem00

Awesome. That seemed to work. I really appreciate it.

6. Gregg2 macrumors 603

Many, if not most, computer problems are with the User.

Oh, maybe I misunderstood. ;)

7. BrianBaughn macrumors 601

BrianBaughn

You posted on July 4!