Problems with Video Podcast

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by ashhirsch, Feb 12, 2008.

1. ashhirsch macrumors newbie

When I play a video podcast downloaded from Itunes on my Itouch, it only plays the audio and shows a still screen shot of the video and behaves like an audio file (tapping the video flips to show playlist). Does this happen to anyone else? How can i fix it?
    ps. the video works fine on Itunes.
    thanks very much
    ash

2. MacMan401 macrumors newbie

That happens to me to, just pause it, drag the play head to the begining and play it again. It's pretty anoying......

3. ashhirsch thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks anyway,
    but i doesn't fix the problem! I'll prob try and restore it later. But before i do does anyone else know a solution.

4. BrownManUPS macrumors 6502a

BrownManUPS

You gotta go to "Videos" to see it correctly, going into your music/podcasts folder in your touch will make it play as audio. It's weird.

5. ashhirsch thread starter macrumors newbie

Thank you!!!
    that is pretty confusing. They should fix that in the update. Thanks very much

6. Viremia macrumors regular

It's been that way with all other video-capable iPods. They haven't fixed it yet and I don't think they will.

Personally, I think it's stupid, but some might say that for when you just want to listen and can't look and/or don't want to run down your battery, it's a useful feature.

7. BrownManUPS macrumors 6502a

BrownManUPS

I am with you there. And honestly, its smart in some ways. It's not just with podcasts but also videos in general (at least in iTunes), if you play the video in your library, it will just play the audio, but if you are in "videos" you see the video. It's odd but effective.