Problems with Warcraft 3 - OS X Leopard

Discussion in 'Mac and PC Games' started by Hansen1142, Apr 21, 2009.

1. Hansen1142 macrumors newbie

Hi..

I just bought my new MBP yesterday, and i love it.

But, i also love playing WC3 / WC3 TFT!

Today i installed the games, but when i start up the game, i just get a black screen. The only thing on the screen is my Cursor (The WC hand) and the game-version in the right lower corner.

The game dosen't play the animation-movie at startup, as it should. I've tried following:

Install WC3 Reign of Chaos, and the Fozen Throne - Without opening any og the games before both where installed.

Copy the install files to my harddrive, and install from there (it asks for CD anyways?) and install the same way as above.

Checked my harddrive format - It's formatted as Mac OS Extended - Journaled as it should.

Tried patching with the latest 1.23a patch for Frozen Throne - It just says that it can't find War3.mpq, and that i should put in the CD - Even if it's allready in. I've tried to pull out the CD, and put it vack in - No difference.

Any suggestions? I'm a little new to OS X - But as seen in other threads about the problem, it seems that i've done everything right.

Thanks

2. Hansen1142 thread starter macrumors newbie

Now i've tried only installing Reign of Chaos - This works fine..

I did'nt update it, just started it up, and closed down again. When i install the Frozen Throne, i get the issues above - None of the games works. Only the courser, and game-version is showed..

The version it shows is 1.07

3. Edot macrumors 6502

4. Xavier macrumors 68020

I had no difficult on my MBP installing RoC, then TFT, then patching the game through the Battle.net menu inside the game.

5. Hansen1142 thread starter macrumors newbie

6. Hansen1142 thread starter macrumors newbie

Hi..

As writtin in #1, i've just installed from the CD's, via harddrive etc, with no luck.

I got some isues with the patch - It can't find war3.mpq, even if the patch is placed in the WC3 folder in Applications -> Warcraft III folder

I've also allready tried upgrading the divx, with no luck.

I can't find any solution in Blizzard's support site..

7. Hansen1142 thread starter macrumors newbie

Screenshot applying the patching problems..

Tried with both the WC3 RoC, and WC3 TFT CD's.. Same error..

[​IMG]

8. imassents macrumors 6502

I remember that if your drive is formatted as "case sensitive" it will generate this exact problem (black screen + versoin number + cursor). Yours isn't case sensitive is it?

Also, before running the patch, place it in the War3 folder. It can help reduce patching errors.

9. Hansen1142 thread starter macrumors newbie

It is formatted as Extended - Journaled.. And the patch is placed in the Warcraft III folder

10. Edot macrumors 6502

What language is this? Are you using the correct language patch? Is this an original CD or a copied/burned CD?

11. Hansen1142 thread starter macrumors newbie

Original CD's, and the game language + Patch language is english..

I bought 2 brand new copies today, so now i'll try with them.. My old disc's is going to be used on my girlfriends lappy instead, she runs Windows, where it works just great..

Works grest in windows on my MBP also :)

12. spencecb macrumors 6502a

spencecb

This doesn't sound like the same problem I had, but it is worth a try, nonetheless.

This is from another thread on this forum. Just follow the link and see if this solution helps: