Problems with week old MBP 13"

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Mavrack, Apr 24, 2012.

1. Mavrack macrumors member

Mavrack

Hi there, I just bought a 13.3in MBP i5 from Bestbuy a week ago at and it has a couple problems :(. First being that it has a loose hinge and the screen flops pretty easily, the hinge is also loose in a couple places and makes a loud clicking noise when I press on it. Second of all, the battery has gone down dramatically lately. I got about 6hrs originally and now I only get around 4 with ONLY Safari open. I made sure that all the applications were closed and still suffered 4hrs of battery life. Should I take it back? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

2. Bear macrumors G3

Well it depends... do you want to live with what sounds like a broken hinge or not?

3. Medic278 macrumors 6502a

Medic278

If your not satisfied with it and believe its an inferior product then take it back and exchange it. But I believe you only have a limited window to do that, so I wouldn't sit on my hands with it I would go tomorrow and get a proper one.

4. user418 macrumors 6502a

user418

Simple solution. Take it back for refund or exchange.

5. Ohrstrom macrumors 6502

Ohrstrom

I agree with ^
    Its obviously a return/exchange situation.

6. chilady1 macrumors member

chilady1

Run, don't walk and take it back immediately.

7. Ohrstrom macrumors 6502

Ohrstrom

No no no, dont run, you might stumble and drop it and then youre screwed, walk, while minding your steps. ;)

8. Mavrack thread starter macrumors member

Mavrack

Thanks guys for the replies. Bestbuy's return policy is 14 days and today is day 14 so I will try to bring it to Bestbuy tomorrow and see if they can exchange one for me.

9. Ohrstrom macrumors 6502

Ohrstrom

Well since your Mbp is faulty it should go under warranty so 14 days does not apply, you have a year.

10. Ccrew macrumors 68020

Best Buy's return policy is 30 days, 60 if you're a Silver Rewards member.

11. ugahairydawgs macrumors 68020

ugahairydawgs

It's 30 days....you're good.

12. aunull macrumors newbie

You should definitely take it back. I bought mine from JB HI-FI (large retailer in Australia) and the keyboard stopped working after a few days.

I took mine to the Apple store and they were able to take it from there. The place of purchase may be better in terms of customer service as the Apple stores here are usually horribly overcrowded + long wait times.

I had to fill out a form, and they took it and told me that they would call me within 5 business days in regards to the status of the repair.

Hope I could help :)

13. chrisrosemusic1 macrumors 6502a

chrisrosemusic1

Definitely take it back - if you spend this kind of money on a product you expect it to be faultless.

My MBP HDD has been playing up since day one and I keep tolerating it. Now 4 months in its worse than ever so I've booked a genius appointment today to get it repaired, when I could have just swapped it out for a whole new laptop 3 months ago. Shame on me lol..

14. Mavrack thread starter macrumors member

Mavrack

Took it to Bestbuy today and got a exchange :)! I was really impressed with their customer service and they were all very helpful, I would definitely buy from them again. Thanks everyone for your help and advice, I really appreciate it :D.