Problems with Wi-fi

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by theodor p, Sep 23, 2008.

1. theodor p macrumors newbie

I'm having problems connecting to my university's wi-fi network, I know for a fact that it works with iPods because someone used a brand-new touch to get on today, and another used their iPhone.

I turned on wi-fi, selected the network, and put in the proper password, it shows the blue signal strength as full in the top right corner, however, when i open safari it says it can't connect to the internet.

Any Ideas?

2. TEG macrumors 604

TEG

Contact your University's Helpdesk, they may need to add your MAC address to their system, have you register, or use 802.1X or another scheme to get internet access. We do not have the ability to figure out these things, only your helpdesk can help.

TEG

3. Khryz macrumors 6502a

Wow, I was JUST going to post the same thread.

When I connect to public WI-FI like in NYC Grand Central Station it says I am connected to the WI-FI with the WI-FI icon showing in the top left corner, but I can't use Mail, Safari, or any other App that uses the internet.

However, I CAN connect to my home router network. So what's the deal?

4. jbernie macrumors 6502a

jbernie

go to the wireless settings, go into the connection properties the > next to the name. and see what you pick up. at work i seem to be connected but i wander between ip address, no ip address repeatedly, like i am just at the edge of the signal or something.