Problems with WiFi Connection

Discussion in 'iPad Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by REM314, Jun 10, 2011.

1. REM314 macrumors 6502

REM314

Hello all,
    I'm having a problem connecting to my university's network and I can't tell which end the problem is coming from. When I connect to the network on my iPad I get a checkmark beside the name in settings BUT the WiFi connected symbol does not appear in the top left corner. Hmmm. Next, after I connect a popup window comes up with my Uni's network login screen. So I fill out the information, it authorizes me and then....it takes me to the Apple homepage, doesn't go away and Im forced to push cancel in the top right corner. Now Ive entered my info, settings says its connected but the top left corner doesn't show anything and everything says I have no internet connection.

The silly workaround Ive found is that after I enter my info into the popup I toggle WiFi off and on and then when it auto reconnects the wifi symbol shows up and Im connected.

Any ideas on how to fix this? If its any help I attend the University of Toronto.

2. REM314 thread starter macrumors 6502

REM314

I am going to but was just checking if anyone has had a similar problem on this forum. The University says that they don't formally support mobile devices and so they could easily just brush aside my inquiry.