Problems with wifi

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Christian247, May 2, 2010.

1. Christian247 macrumors member

Christian247

I have a iPhone 3G, and I can't get it to pick up any wifi signals anymore! Thoughts?! Suggestions?!

2. cowsrus macrumors 6502

settings > wifi > make sure it says on

thats the basic, if not that can you give any info as to how it stopped/when it stopped working

3. Christian247 thread starter macrumors member

Christian247

Yeah it's on, I even tried "forgetting the network" and logging back in. I'm not sure when it started, I was curious if it might be because my phone is getting old and that feature just gave out of something???

4. AbSoluTc macrumors 68040

AbSoluTc

Sometimes the WIFI chip does die. Might want to take it in and get it tested/looked at.

5. doubleatheman macrumors 6502a

doubleatheman

Do you have u-verse?

The router uverse uses is known to not work correct with the iPhone

Email they send me last week:

----------------------------------

U-verse Care
    to me

show details Apr 28 (4 days ago)

Hello,

This is Matt with U-Verse Tier II Technical Support. First off I do want to thank you for e-mailing the U-Verse Care Social Media Support Group where our goal is to get your issue resolved as soon as possible. ***** thank you for contacting us, unfortunately this issue is a known issue going on with the 2-wire firmware, and we are actively working with 2-wire to implement a fix for it. I apologize for the inconvenience, if you have a 3rd party router (Linksys, D-Link, Netgear, etc) that does wireless, you should be able to hook it up to the 2-wire RG and put it in DMZ Plus mode, and disable the wireless as a work around for this. In the meantime is there anything else I can do for you?

Thanks,

U-verse Care

AT&T U-Verse Tier II Technical Support.

Hours of operations are 7AM CST - 9PM CST.

Sent: Tuesday, April 27, 2010 11:41 PM
    To: U-verse Care
    Subject: iPhone + RG with 6.1 firmware = no internet on wi-fi, Help
    - Hide quoted text -

Hello AT&T tier two,

My 2wire has this firmware on it: Software Version 6.1.9.24-enh.tm

As soon as I got the 6 update my Wi-Fi woes began. My iPhone refuses to connect to my wi-fi fully

I have tried changing the wi-fi channel, power, password, password type, disabling & re-enabling wi-fi, rebooting the entire RG.

Rebooting my iphone, resetting my phone, removing all network settings from my phone and reconnecting.

To no avail Can I get wi-fi to work on my iPhone. I can use wi-fi for about 5 minutes sometimes, but then it quits working. The phone does not realize that the wi-fi connection is dead, so to restore 3g on my phone I have to manually turn off wi-fi, to get any web access.

Another family member with an iPhone 2g is also having this problem as soon as the router updated.

I have an iPhone 3gs with the latest updates from itunes.

My iphone works flawlessly on other wi-fi networks, it is my 2wire at home that is giving the problems.

My laptops are working fine, occasionally the wi-fi will drop for about 20 seconds, but it immediately reconnects. This dropping of connection and reconnection is a new issue with the new 6 update on the RG.

Please help!

Thanks

Uverse Account # ******

6. doubleatheman macrumors 6502a

doubleatheman

I will add I ended up getting a new router.

I needed wi-fi N for backing up my laptop faster over the network.

I wanted to use Open DNS

And I wanted better Range /Signal in my house.

I am mad that ATT broke the wi-fi partially with its latest update to the u-verse router.

7. Christian247 thread starter macrumors member

Christian247

I do have u verse, that's weird; however my roommate has a iPhone, and his is connecting to our router...

8. Christian247 thread starter macrumors member

Christian247

I'm at work now, and it wont connect to our wifi here either; I'm guessing the chip burned out or something

9. TSX macrumors 68030

TSX

Reset your network settings on your iPhone and see if that helps.

10. p0rk macrumors newbie

My 3G did the same thing back when I first got it.. it couldn't connect to any wifi network. Took it to the Apple Store and the phone had to ultimately be replaced. Good luck.

11. christinagroner macrumors newbie

Reset your iPhone to configure it. Or maybe you can go to the Apple store to fix it.:rolleyes:
    :apple: