Problems with Xbox Live

Discussion in 'Console Games' started by cycocelica, Dec 29, 2007.

1. cycocelica macrumors 68000

cycocelica

Anyone having trouble with Xbox Live?

I try playing COD 4 and I keep getting error messages such as "Unable to join game session" and "You need an active network to play online or systemlink games."

Halo 3 is also being a pain. Taking forever to find matches

Anyone else?

EDIT: Found out it was a universal problem. Xbox Live FAQ

2. NAG macrumors 68030

NAG

It's been a known issue since before christmas. Hopefully they'll fix it.

3. RL600 macrumors member

god, How annoying!
    I rarely play xbox, due to school, a lot of work [when business is good you HAVE to be there], and in between those two then comes motorcycle rides with friends. But every once in awhile I just want to stay at home and chill (usually after long work days, like today, 13 hours). All I wanted to do was play COD4 tonight. :mad:

Typical microsoft. :D

4. cycocelica thread starter macrumors 68000

cycocelica

It's weird, I never had this problem up till now. Granted I didn't use the Xbox between the 22 and the 28.

5. MRU macrumors demi-god

MRU

I noticed my gamertag widgit thing on google wasn't working yesterday. whenever that shows up corrupt I know Live is down ;):)

In fairness at least it isn't down that often thank goodness.

6. NAG macrumors 68030

NAG

Well it is probably only down because of the break. They probably got swamped by a bunch of people for that Halo 3 overnighter thing they were advertising.

Edit: Okay apparently it is back up.

Edit: Wait, it isn't now.

7. millsy macrumors member

Yea, it's still unreliable where I am on the east coast. I can sometime get a game of Halo 3 in and then I cannot access the market place or anything else. When I log in all I do is get the logging in rotation on all the blades except the media and system blades. This is pretty annoying. Anyone else still having a problem at what is now almost 8pm on the east coast.

8. Mackilroy macrumors 68040

Mackilroy

I've been getting that too, so usually I log out of Live and then log back in in-game. Though I wasn't getting the inability to join games until recently. I did get into one game, but I've been asleep or at work most of the time recently so I haven't seen if things have improved.

9. NAG macrumors 68030

NAG

Anyone lose any achievements or points? I know someone who has been and am just checking to see if this is a widespread issue.

10. RL600 macrumors member

Has anyone else had major problems mostly today and yesterday? damn. So annoying!

11. chadrob30 macrumors 6502

chadrob30

It was fine last night, but haven't tried today.

12. Mackilroy macrumors 68040

Mackilroy

Issues joining games ended for me. Still weird stuff going on with initial log-in though.

13. cycocelica thread starter macrumors 68000

cycocelica

Seems that most problems have been worked out. Thank god, as the whole situation is really unacceptable.

14. Markleshark macrumors 603

Markleshark

Still getting a few drops on FIFA 08, it's locking the console [Game, really, can still get back to the dashboard] as well, which is a reet pain right in the arse.

15. 2nyRiggz macrumors 603

2nyRiggz

I haven't checked since sunday but every-time I signed in...it would let me know whos online but I couldn't see them...it was like I was still signed out of live.

I'm about ready to mash up some friends on GH3....

Bless

16. spoon man macrumors 6502a

spoon man

yeah its taking me 10 min to log into my live account im not bothering to play on live atm its due to the amount of people playing over the xmas holiday and all the new members its a good thing in a way it just gose to show that the 360 is the better console than the ps3 :D

i found this...

:apple:A status message on Xbox's support page reported that Xbox Live was "up and running," without the caveats that had appeared in the week and a half prior.

According to reports and Microsoft itself, users of the Xbox Live service experienced a multitude of problems. Some found that they were having issues "matchmaking" to play games over the service, while others found their statistics were not updating.

In the worst case scenarios, a number of users could not even perform account recovery functions or sign into Xbox Live at all.

While the service was never completely offline, problems like this are not acceptable," Xbox Live programming director Larry Nelson wrote to his Web log before the new year. "The entire Live team has been working day and night to ensure that you can have a great Live experience."

Sources told AOL blog Joystiq that Microsoft may be planning to compensate Xbox Live Gold users who had problems over the holiday. However, no details as to what the compensation was or when it would appear were available.:apple:

17. tjcampbell macrumors 6502a

tjcampbell

I think that a lot of people got 360's and Cod4 for Christmas and the servers are slammed because pre-season it was working perfectly. I instantly joined any ranked match I liked and never had lag or was cut off. It must be the recent influx of new joiners. Well, at least that's what I figure.