Problems With Youtube Uploads

Discussion in 'Digital Video' started by Unprocessed1, Jul 22, 2012.

1. Unprocessed1 macrumors 65816

Unprocessed1

The last few videos I've uploaded have video "defects"- there are many spots in which the video is unusable because of distortions, flickers, etc.

Any tips on how to fix this? It's happened for several videos now and have even tried uploading to different youtube accounts. I'm also using different recording devices for the videos.

2. Unprocessed1 thread starter macrumors 65816

Unprocessed1

3. Unprocessed1 thread starter macrumors 65816

Unprocessed1

Can anyone please help/offer suggestions of what may be going wrong?

4. Zwhaler macrumors 603

Zwhaler

Tell us what filetypes you upload resulting in the errors. What bitrates, what program did you use to edit, what program did you use to compress, what machine are you editing on, do the videos contain fast start for internet streaming, what operating system are you using, what internet browser are you using ... and most importantly do the source videos contain artifacts or only after you upload (I would assume), where do you get these videos from (either filmed yourself or pulled from YouTube or another site) More info is needed

5. heyimandy macrumors member

It has to be with how you exported it. Like mentioned above what format and codec you use as well what program?

Do you have compressor or media encoder? If so they have YouTube presets you can use.