Problems

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by machopeful, Nov 6, 2007.

1. machopeful macrumors newbie

so i just got a new macbook a while ago (white, 2.16 ghz, 1 gb of ram, 120gb hard drive) and it is by far the best hardware/software decision i have ever made.

but im having some problems regarding ipods and printers.

so ive switched to being a mac user and i had an ipod set to my old windows based pc. ive since, gotten rid of that computer and transfered all my songs to my mac via external hard drive. but when i plug in my ipod, i cant upload any new songs to my ipod. so what can i do in order to keep my old songs and also update my mac with songs ive downloaded from there??

also, i have a printer that is being recognized by my mac (Dell printer) and it says that a print job is in the works, yet, nothing is printing. so what do i have to do in order to actually get things to print.

im also running leopard just in case that pertains to anything

2. cptpower macrumors regular

cptpower

in regards to your iPod/iTunes issue; I don't think that can be done. An iPod can only ever be synced with one library (in this case, its the library on your PC). Plugging the iPod into your new Mac will cause iTunes to say "this iPod is currently synced with another machine, do you want to erase and sync, or do nothing" or something to that effect.

If you're going to be using your mac full-time (which I'm assuming you will), you pretty much have to bite the bullet and accept the fact that it'll take some time to sync up the first time around (how long depends on the size of your iPod & music collection of course).

As for the printer, sorry.. haven't a clue (haven't printed anything from my Mac yet; just brand new myself :))
    Hope that helps!

3. JosephEsquivel macrumors regular

when i plugges my ipod into my brand new macbook today it said it was synced to 2 of 5 computers allowed

4. number9 macrumors 6502

As far as the iPod is concerned, you're going to have to reformat it to work with your mac, which will erase it's current contents. There are utilites to get music from an iPod to a Mac, but I think they only work if the iPod Hard Disk or flash memory is formatted for a Mac.

With regards to the printer issue, I'm also having a similar problem. I have an Epson CX6600 connected to an iMac G4 that I just upgraded to Leopard. This is the computer my parents use, and my mother was trying to print, but it wouldn't work. I checked and the necessary drivers are already Leopard and I downloaded and installed the TWAIN and scanner drivers and what not, and no help. Any job printed goes to the print dialog, and just sits there.

I've read of problems with network printers not being recognized as well in Leopard, so I'm not sure what the deal is.