Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

thinx*

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 6, 2009
Germany
hey guys, i've downloaded the sims 3 via the ea download manager using parallels and win xp. i am able to install the game under xp but the graphics are just terrible (in create a sim, they are only made of weird colored lines, no texture at all).
now i wanted to install it under mac osx trying to copy the downloaded files wich i assume are in the folder programmdata in my win C: drive. if i now trying to run the installer in osx i get the error message: can not verify the integrity of the installer. press ok to close. and the installation shuts down.
i also tried installing via network shared folder: same problem.
what can i do?

my system:
macbook pro (late 08)
2,4ghz intell core duo
4gb ddr3
nvidia 9600m gt
enough free disk space.

thanks.

MRU

macrumors Penryn
Aug 23, 2005
a better place
Wow you made that sound very confusing :confused:

Firstly... Are you trying to install the windows version or the mac version ?

If your installing the windows version, forget parallels as you will not be able to play this game. You will need to use Bootcamp. If it still will not work in Bootcamp XP then have you checked you meet the minimum requirement ? Downloading it again and again and copying files back and forth wont solve the problem if your hardware isn't fully supported.

If you are trying to install the mac version, then you should not be downloading via pc download manager, or in XP. Download manager only supports PC version of software.

masonryx

macrumors newbie
Jun 8, 2009
Wow you made that sound very confusing :confused:

Firstly... Are you trying to install the windows version or the mac version ?

If your installing the windows version, forget parallels as you will not be able to play this game. You will need to use Bootcamp. If it still will not work in Bootcamp XP then have you checked you meet the minimum requirement ? Downloading it again and again and copying files back and forth wont solve the problem if your hardware isn't fully supported.

If you are trying to install the mac version, then you should not be downloading via pc download manager, or in XP. Download manager only supports PC version of software.

The SIMS 3 game itself comes in a package with both MAC/PC compatibility. I believe there is a bug or glitch when it comes to downloading/purchasing the actual SIMS 3 game online. I get the same error message when I copy the installation files and try to run an install on my OSX. "Cannot verify the integrity of the installer" then it shuts down with no other option to do. I'm still waiting on an reply from EA regarding this issue. For the original poster of this thread have you resolved this issue yet? By the way the digital download of this game SIMS 3 works completely fine on my PC so there seems to definitely be an issue with the downloaded version and running it on OSX.:mad:

MRU

macrumors Penryn
Aug 23, 2005
a better place
By the way the digital download of this game SIMS 3 works completely fine on my PC so there seems to definitely be an issue with the downloaded version and running it on OSX.:mad:

I know the DVD comes with the PC/MAC packages. The EA download site and all the others offering this are clearly stating PC download, and do not make any mention of MAC compatibility in the digital version.

So maybe not all the mac files are included in the digital download and hence the reason your all having difficulties getting it to run.

masonryx

macrumors newbie
Jun 8, 2009
I know the DVD comes with the PC/MAC packages. The EA download site and all the others offering this are clearly stating PC download, and do not make any mention of MAC compatibility in the digital version.

So maybe not all the mac files are included in the digital download and hence the reason your all having difficulties getting it to run.

Going back to this exact web link from bestbuy, http://games.bestbuy.com/DRHM/servl...=4akCPQoHAi0AADghkJgAAAAE&rests=1244552164031 it does state PC for the platform but its very misleading because the image of the game Sims 3 on that website has the words WIN/MAC on the image which is an image of the Front cover of the box of the game. I feel sort of misleaded not just cause of that but because the actual game the non digital download of the game is compatible for both MAC and PC.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.