Probs with Wi-Fi on iPhone 4! WTF???

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by BMWNEW, Sep 27, 2010.

1. BMWNEW macrumors member

So, when I switch on Wi-Fi on my iPhone 4 (iOs 4.0.1) and connect to any network... It starts to lag! :mad: Nothing can help - it drops and you are unable to use it. So I should keep POWER and HOME buttons for 5 seconds and restart it.
    iPhone is NOT Jailbreked os smth like that... So... Maybe I should download iOS 4.1?

2. bcp23 macrumors member

You could try restoring the phone. Just make sure all your data is backed up. If that doesn't help, there could be something wrong with the wireless card. If thats the case you should make an appointment with the Genius Bar at the Apple Store and they will replace the phone.

3. Consultant macrumors G5

Consultant

4. -aggie- macrumors P6

-aggie-

Reset network settings. If that doesn't help get it replaced.

5. BMWNEW thread starter macrumors member

Thanks for answers... But I live in Russia :)
    And nobody will help there. No support.....:mad:

6. JediMeister macrumors 68040

7. badtzwang macrumors regular

I was having a similar problem with my iPhone, but I'm not sure if my situation is the same as yours. I noticed that when I was connected to the WiFi at home, my WiFi connection was sporadic. My iPhone would still show that it had a strong signal to WiFi, but it wouldn't render pages in Safari and it would just hang.

I found out that my iPhone was having problems due to the fact that my router was dual band (2.5 ghz and 5.0 ghz). I guess it gets confused since there are two different frequencies. I disabled one of the bands and now my iPhone is completely fine.

Hope this helps.

8. dilbert10 macrumors newbie

Hi,
    Just registered...so my first post will be about the exact same problem...
    WiFi is intermittent at best...no matter at home or not...did reset network settings...reset/checked my router (DLink - 655 - N) although it works with all my other devices (2 PC's, Blu-Ray, PS3, Wii, laptop)...
    I thought (read somewhere) turning Bluetooth off might help....it did not...

Having it only for a few days...happy overall...except for this WiFi problem

Thanks

9. mrathee macrumors 6502

I remember an issue like this from a few weeks ago - the solution then was to change the security protocol from WEP to WPA or vice versa.

I would check your settings (on your router) and flip from one to the other to see if it solves your issue.