Procedure To Delete Unwanted iOS7 Apps?

Discussion in 'iOS 7' started by kathyricks, Dec 18, 2013.

1. kathyricks macrumors 6502

I searched the Forum, searched the iPad Air users guide and searched Youtube and could not find understandable information on the steps needed to delete some Apps that come preinstalled on the iPad Air like Games and Newsstand that I will never use. Thanks for any step by step help you may be able to offer.

2. bbfc macrumors 68030

bbfc

You can't delete those apps. You're best off putting them in a folder and forgetting about them.

3. 53kyle macrumors 65816

53kyle

You can't. Sorry, it is just that simple. It is impossible. There have been apps that somehow get on the App Store which delete stock apps but they are quickly removed. Jailbreaks would do this on iOS 6 but there isn't one for iOS 7.

4. kathyricks thread starter macrumors 6502

Ok thanks. I chatted with an AppleCare rep and he said "core apps cannot be deleted."

5. zorinlynx macrumors 601

zorinlynx

If it makes you feel any better, the core apps do not actually use any of the "user space" on your device. They are on the operating system partition, which is separate from the user partition.

Even if you COULD somehow delete them, you wouldn't reclaim any space. And it's not like they are large apps anyway, so it's a moot point.

So yeah, just stuff 'em in a folder and forget them. Many people have a "stuff I don't use" folder on the last screen with a few stock apps in them.

6. powerstrokin macrumors 6502a

powerstrokin

7. bandofbrothers macrumors 601

bandofbrothers

Rofl.

Mine is called 'Bloatware'

8. Jessica Lares macrumors G3

Jessica Lares

I already use folders on my iPad. So I just stuff them in one instead of making one for themselves. ;) My iPad doesn't deserve a folder called "crap", and really, all it does is just make room for more icons on the home screen. :D

9. chunheisiu macrumors newbie

chunheisiu

Or you could use the restriction settings to make them go away, although not all of them work.

10. djtech42 macrumors 65816

djtech42

It's amazing that Apple hasn't implemented a way to hide preloaded apps yet.

It could show x's for all of the apps in edit mode. You could hit the x for a preloaded app, and it would hide instead of deleting itself.

To unhide the apps, you could go into Settings -> Home Screen (which could have other options that might be useful, such as the ability to move apps to any part of the grid instead of lining up left to right, top to bottom)

11. msvadi macrumors regular

same applies to Launchpad on OS X

12. ABC5S macrumors 68040

This is what I have done and it works for me. You can do same for the iPads

1st shot is my home screen and it only has three icons for what I use mostly

2nd shot are my other apps I do not use often and they are on another screen.

Attached Files: