Procedure to remove BootCamp and Win10

Discussion in 'Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac' started by Newtons Apple, Jan 21, 2017.

1. Newtons Apple macrumors P6

Newtons Apple

I have a new but old MacBook Pro 13 non-retina with DVD drive and ports!

I am going to sell on Craig's list.

What is the procedure to remove bootcamp and Win10 and then reset the device to factory. I will also remove it from my cloud in find my phone.

I want to make sure it does not cause any problems for the new owner.

I need steps to taken and the order please.

Thanks in advance.

2. keysofanxiety macrumors 604

keysofanxiety

Open BootCamp Assistant in OS X. You'll see an option to remove the Windows partition. Select that and goodbye Windows.

Then shut down, restart, and hold CMD+R on startup to boot into OS X Utilities. Select Disk Utility. Erase Macintosh HD. Close Disk Utility. Select Reinstall OS X and point it to your newly formatted volume.

Just a heads up: with the last part you will need to enter your Apple ID in order to download and install your OS. This will not in any way keep your details on the system; it's merely for verification purposes only.

Once it's downloaded and installed, you'll see the familiar OS X setup (select language, create user account, etc.). When you're here, you can just shut down the system by holding down the power button. When you next turn it on, it'll be back to that screen, so the new user can set it up as brand new if they'd like. Otherwise you can just create a new user for them.

3. Newtons Apple thread starter macrumors P6

Newtons Apple

Worked perfectly Sir, thanks