Procedure to restore then unlock already JB iphone 3gs 3.1.2

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by klub242, Mar 17, 2010.

1. klub242 macrumors newbie

Hi, I am wanting to sell my iPhone 3gs (3.1.2 f/w, 5.11.07 baseband). Of course, I want to restore it so that the new owner has a brand new looking phone and none of my apps are left on it. He also wants it on t mobile, so after restoring I need to unlock it. Right now it is jailbroken (untethered version, blackra1n), and cydia says it has my 3.1, 3.1.2, and 3.1.3 SHSH's on file.

So what special way do I need to restore it so that I have a fresh 3.1.2 with the same 5.11.07 unlockable baseband on it? And then after that, I'm assuming I just run blackra1n again and then blacksn0w, correct?

Thanks SO much for the help.

EDIT: I just realized I could go to iphone settings and choose to erase all data/settings. Would that work to delete my apps, emails, etc. so that I could just do that and then run ultrasn0w and sell it?

2. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

You will need to edit your itune hosts to redirect to cydia. Then restore to 3.1.2 and jb with blackrain and unlock with blacksnow.

3. knightlife macrumors newbie

What program do I need to use to edit my itune hosts for the redirect to cydia?