Processor for music

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by pmNiko, Mar 3, 2011.

1. pmNiko macrumors newbie

I use my macbook pro for heavy music related tasks. such as mixing in logic (last project i was working on had 70+ tracks). and often have more then one music processing program open at the same time.
    i was wondering if the cache (2mb) difference in 2.2>2.3 update will play a noticeable role for me?

all the other options to normally save for, im going for either way. i can afford it, but of course i dont liek throwing money in the wind. im just not sure if there is any reason for this update...

wat do you guys think?

2. acedickson, Mar 3, 2011
    Last edited: Mar 3, 2011

acedickson macrumors 6502a

acedickson

There would be a difference but I don't think it's enough to justify the price difference. Whether you think it's worth a very slight bump in performance is up to you.

You're not talking about a 25-50% increase in performance with a bump from 2.2 to 2.3. I'd estimate a 2-5% increase so you decide. Buy the 2.2 and work on it, I think it would more than suffice. If not, exchange since there aren't restocking fees anymore.

3. evaporateddwarf macrumors regular

Don't bother, it won't give you much of a difference in performance. Max out the ram, and if you have the money, put it towards a bigger SSD. You'll see a much larger improvement in performance.