Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
Not open for further replies.

PaulB007

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 16, 2006
Everywhere I go dis gets deleted, dun kno why. I am dead serious i need help. I run Intel Imac 2.0GHZ and I am not happy with CISC processor performance. I still have my G5 1.8GHZ Imac. I want to use PowerPC RISK processor. I took off processor chips from mother board with soldering iron and switched chips around even though there was a big gap i used more solder to fill it. computer will not start. what do i do, because i want RISK performance on my Imac. Thx

CoMpX

macrumors 65816
Jun 29, 2005
New Jersey
This has got to be a joke....sooooooo funnny I mean I have never ever EVER seen anything like this before. Original man, nice. ;) :rolleyes:

PaulB007

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 16, 2006
PLZ IM NOT KIDDING
i really need help and serious answers are appreciated i dun know what to do when i tried booting a few chips melted on mother board, where can i purchase these chips at cheap prices :confused: :confused: :confused:

yankeefan24

macrumors 65816
Dec 24, 2005
NYC
On the off chance this is not a joke…

Your broke your computer, and voided the warrantee. I do know a solution, get a new one.

PaulB007

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 16, 2006
CoMpX said:
This has got to be a joke....sooooooo funnny I mean I have never ever EVER seen anything like this before. Original man, nice. ;) :rolleyes:

OMFG PLZ HELP ME IM SERIOUS

PaulB007

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 16, 2006
yankeefan24 said:
On the off chance this is not a joke…

Your broke your computer, and voided the warrantee. I do know a solution, get a new one.

Thx for reply, but is there any way i can just buy new chips and fix on my own i cant afford a new RISK processor :confused: :confused: :confused:

yankeefan24

macrumors 65816
Dec 24, 2005
NYC
PaulB007 said:
Thx for reply, but is there any way i can just buy new chips and fix on my own? :confused: :confused: :confused:

I don't think so. Maybe someone else knows, but to my knowledge, you can only get apple parts from apple. The MoBo needs a special chip, which you can only get from apple. Sorry.

PaulB007

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 16, 2006
someone just told me if i do firewire target mode the mother board will be overriden and i can run CPU, how do i do this target mode so my computer will function again? :confused:

PaulB007

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 16, 2006
o does anyone have a new Power PC RISK processor that i can buy for cheap i want to try this again i think i may have put in the chip backwards or something maybe it will run once i solder melted chips back in and put in RISK processor correct way

CoMpX

macrumors 65816
Jun 29, 2005
New Jersey
It still uses the logic board. First of all, you are really stupid. So, a chip doesn't fir what do you do? FILL IT INNN WITTHH SOLD00RRZZZZZZ.

You have destroyed your computer, and I wouldn't get a knew one if I were you.

PaulB007

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 16, 2006
what is a logic board, is it similar to a RISK processor? If so where can i find one for cheap and solder it into board

Mr. Anderson

Moderator emeritus
Nov 1, 2001
VA
Do you have pics?

You shouldn't mess around with trying to just solder chips on to a mobo :rolleyes:

And getting a new one won't solve the problem.

And without pics, its going to be hard to believe you were so short sighted to attempt this without knowing if it could work in the first place. If you don't post pics, the thread will be closed.

D

PaulB007

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 16, 2006
Mr. Anderson said:
Do you have pics?

You shouldn't mess around with trying to just solder chips on to a mobo :rolleyes:

And getting a new one won't solve the problem.

And without pics, its going to be hard to believe you were so short sighted to attempt this without knowing if it could work in the first place. If you don't post pics, the thread will be closed.

D

ok i will take pics give me 20 min or less

PaulB007

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 16, 2006
enclosed in this message is a jpg image of some of the burned and melted chips on board

Attachments

• intelchips.jpg
    intelchips.jpg
    27.6 KB · Views: 136

CoMpX

macrumors 65816
Jun 29, 2005
New Jersey
This is RAM, not a chip. Please forgive me if I am wrong, but I really don't think you are for real. Please stop wasting bandwidth.

God, I gotta stop being such a tight-ass. This is fun! :D

PaulB007

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 16, 2006
ram is melted as well i think and i never seen ram that looked like that this is real

SC68Cal

macrumors 68000
Feb 23, 2006
PaulB007 said:
ram is melted as well i think and i never seen ram that looked like that this is real

Only when I see an actual picture of you trying to jam a PowerPC processor into an Intel socket will I believe a word you say.

By the way, it's RISC, not RISK.

Troll.

CoMpX

macrumors 65816
Jun 29, 2005
New Jersey
OK, here's what you do. Remove the current processor off of the logic board. The logic board is another name for the motherboard. You can hammer and chisel if necessary to remove the chip. Then out the chips back in there respective machines, because you can't use an Intel chip in a PowerPC Mac or vice versa. Then, dunk the machines in water for better cooling. Round off the edges of the power plug that plugs into the back so that it can be inserted upside down, and plug the machine in. Step on the keyboard until it turns on, and boot into Mac OS X. It may help if you then repair permissions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.