ProClip Adjustable Holder with Dock Pass Thru + Apple Bumper a no go

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by UnseenLlama, Jun 30, 2010.

1. UnseenLlama macrumors 6502a

UnseenLlama

The local Apple store finally received additional shipments of bumpers in today so I decided to pick one up and try it out. When I go to my car and installed the bumper, I immediately placed it in my ProClip. The holder was fine, but because of the bumper, the iPhone would not charge properly. I was kinda amazed because the dock pass thru sticks up off the holder and has nothing on it's sides.

Anyways, just wanted to let people know in case they have a similar setup. Still waiting on my Feather to arrive this week. It was shipped out yesterday.

2. h00ligan macrumors 68030

Can you keep us updated on what does work.. damn.. that was the combo I was going to use.. i may just save on the proclip and by a non dock adjustable.. poo.

What are you using the device with - not a DICE kit by chance is it?

Thanks for the info.

3. digimidi macrumors newbie

I had the same problem. There is an offset a the bottom of the ProClip that is larger than the opening at the bumper. So, I modified the bumper with a dremel and a round file. You have to file quite a bit away to get it to fit. I have attached a pic of the mod.

I will continue to look for a better solution. But in the meantime, this works.

Gil

Attached Files:

4. allaboutmusic macrumors member

Does anyone know if this will work with the Griffin Reveal Etch, or PixelSkin HD? I have an Etch now and a PixelSkin HD on the way.

I have already purchased the ProClip mount for my car.

5. threezero macrumors 6502

which proclip mount did you guys order.

there is 2 option for iphone 4 with case, one fit the bumper and one doesn't.

those of you that got the one that fits the bumper how small can the mount adjust too? can the one that can hold the bumper always be able to hold thin case like say the feather?

6. = bluntman = macrumors regular

Hmm, that's odd. I'm using the older adjustable ProClip (meant for the 3GS with an Incase Slider case) holder (514106 I believe) with the pass-thru and it works fine with my iPhone4 with Griffin Reveal case.

I have a Griffin AutoPilot instead of a Griffin PowerJolt. The AutoPilot has a smaller dock connector which I thought would pose as a problem, but by securely fastening the connector in the connector holder, I have yet to encounter any problems (with charging or audio pass through).